Operation Christmas Child
King of Grace is participating in Operation Christmas Child again this year! The boxes are due back this Sunday, November 12th. Please place boxes under the table in the Judson Room. For any further questions, please see Leslie Benvenuti.
KGC Marching in Haverhill’s Santa Parade
Attention Santa Parade Marchers! Join us as we march and hand out Christmas Eve Service invitations at the Santa Parade! Sunday, November 19, 12:15 pm at Wood School, 25 South. Spring Street. For more details, contact Leslie Benvenuti or Heidi Parisi.
Here’s what you can expect the day of the parade:
Just Before Parade:
- Be sure to dress warmly! Wear comfortable walking shoes. Brightly colored hats, mittens and scarves would be an added bonus. (Extra-extra bonus points if you dress like an elf!)
- Stay for lunch at church to eat and pray together before marching.
- Be sure to arrive at the Wood School (25 South Spring South, off Laurel Ave., Haverhill) BEFORE 12:15 pm. This staging area is 0.9 miles away from King of Grace, and there is no parking available. Sara King has offered to shuttle people from church. We could use a few more folks to help with this.
- We will be handing out small “shopping bags” with candy and invitations to our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services to families along the parade route.
- Smile, wave and have fun!
- The parade route is 1.8 miles long and ends at VFW Post 29 Headquarters at 64 Kenoza Ave. Marchers will need to either walk or be shuttled back to church, or picked up at the VFW HQs to go home.
- Let’s make sure we keep track of each other (particularly kids not accompanied by parents) to make sure everyone gets home safely.
“Peace on Earth” – Ladies Christmas Brunch
We hope you will join us for our annual Ladies Christmas Brunch on Saturday, December 2nd at 9:30-11:30 a.m. We already have 36 ladies registered! Please log on to www.kingofgrace.org to sign up today, if you haven’t already. If you have never attended a Ladies Christmas Brunch, simply log on to our website, click on the calendar and then click on December 2nd for a description of the festivities!
If you are planning to join us, don’t forget to also log on to www.perfectpotluck.com and let us know what food you would like to bring to the brunch. The coordinator last name is Lilley and the password is yummy. Sign up today!
Interested in Being Baptized?
We will be holding a baptism on Saturday, January 6th at 6pm at New Life Assembly of God in Haverhill. We encourage you to join the service to support the people in our congregation who are being baptized. If you are interested in being baptized, please contact Pastor Paul at email@example.com. We are asking that everyone bring a small snack or dessert to share for the time after the baptism as we celebrate and fellowship with one another.
Christian Fellowship for Women at Gordon-Conwell
The Women’s Council of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary cordially invites you to the South Hamilton campus on Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. for our December program and luncheon, A Celebration of Advent in Lessons and Carols. Cost for the program and luncheon is $13.00. Register online at www.gordonconwell.edu/WomensCouncilEventRegstration or contact Erica Giovanniello at 978-646-4027 or by e-mail, EricaG@gcts.edu by November 27, 2017 for reservations.
These are the small groups and weekly events that will be meeting this coming week. Check them out to see if there is one in your area that you’d like to attend!
- East of Haverhill Community Group: Tuesday, November 14th, 7-9:15 pm at 273 Middleton Road in Boxford
- North Shore Community Group: Tuesday, November 14th, 7:30-9:30 pm at 231 Maple Street., Danvers
- South of Haverhill Community Group: Thursday, November 16th, 7-9:15 pm at 526 Main Street, West Newbury
- Haverhill City-Wide Prayer: Thursday, November 16th, 7-8:30 pm at 64 Newark Street
- Synergy Youth Group: Friday, November 17th, 7-9 pm at King of Grace Church
- Band of Brother’s Men’s Discipleship Group: Saturday, November 18th, 7-8:30 am at King of Grace Church