KGC Marching in Haverhill’s Santa Parade
Attention Santa Parade Marchers! Join us as we march and hand out Christmas Eve Service invitations at the Santa Parade! Sunday, November 19, 12:15 pm at Wood School, 25 South. Spring Street. After the parade, meet up at the Gayner’s home down the road to warm up with hot chocolate! Address is below. For more details, contact Leslie Benvenuti or Heidi Parisi.
Here’s what you can expect the day of the parade:
Just Before Parade:
- Be sure to dress warmly! Wear comfortable walking shoes. Brightly colored hats, mittens and scarves would be an added bonus. (Extra-extra bonus points if you dress like an elf!)
- Stay for lunch at church to eat and pray together before marching.
- Be sure to arrive at the Wood School (25 South Spring Street, off Laurel Ave., Haverhill) BEFORE 12:15 pm. This staging area is 0.9 miles away from King of Grace, and there is no parking available. Sara King has offered to shuttle people from church. We could use a few more folks to help with this.
- We will be handing out small “shopping bags” with candy and invitations to our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services to families along the parade route.
- Smile, wave and have fun!
- The parade route is 1.8 miles long and ends at VFW Post 29 Headquarters at 64 Kenoza Ave. Marchers will need to either walk or be shuttled back to church, or picked up at the VFW HQs to go home.
- Let’s make sure we keep track of each other (particularly kids not accompanied by parents) to make sure everyone gets home safely.
- The Gayner’s have invited marchers over to their house to warm up with some hot chocolate after the parade! Their address is 10 Woodland Way in Haverhill.
Prayer Meeting at KGC
Our monthly prayer meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 29th at 7pm. Before we pray we’ll be setting up for the Ladies Christmas Brunch which is being held later that week. Then we’ll spend some time in prayer together. We hope you can make it to this meeting!
No Potluck This Month
There will be no potluck this month due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Have a great Thanksgiving!
“Peace on Earth” – Ladies Christmas Brunch
We hope you will join us for our annual Ladies Christmas Brunch on Saturday, December 2nd at 9:30-11:30 a.m. We already have 49 ladies registered! Please log on to www.kingofgrace.org to sign up today, if you haven’t already. If you have never attended a Ladies Christmas Brunch, simply log on to our website, click on the calendar and then click on December 2nd for a description of the festivities!
If you are planning to join us, don’t forget to also log on to www.perfectpotluck.com and let us know what food you would like to bring to the brunch. The coordinator last name is Lilley and the password is yummy. Sign up today!
Interested in Being Baptized?
We will be holding a baptism on Saturday, January 6th at 6pm at New Life Assembly of God in Haverhill. We encourage you to join the service to support the people in our congregation who are being baptized. If you are interested in being baptized, please contact Pastor Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are asking that everyone bring a small snack or dessert to share for the time after the baptism as we celebrate and fellowship with one another.
Christian Fellowship for Women at Gordon-Conwell
The Women’s Council of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary cordially invites you to the South Hamilton campus on Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. for our December program and luncheon, A Celebration of Advent in Lessons and Carols. Cost for the program and luncheon is $13.00. Register online at www.gordonconwell.edu/
These are the small groups and weekly events that will be meeting this coming week. Check them out to see if there is one in your area that you’d like to attend!
- Haverhill’s Santa Parade: Sunday, November 19th, 12:15 pm at 25 South Spring Street
- Methuen Community Group: Sunday, November 19th, 2-4 pm at 642 Forest Street
- Tuesday Ladies’ Bible Study: Tuesday, November 21st, 9:15-11:15 am at King of Grace Church
- Haverhill Community Group: Tuesday, November 21st, 7-9 pm at 10 Woodland Way
- Band of Brother’s Men’s Discipleship Group: Saturday, November 25th, 7-8:30 am at King of Grace Church
- Saturday Ladies’ Bible Study: Saturday, November 25th, 9-10:30 am at 16 Alpine Drive, Haverhill